BerryWorld and its suppliers from around the world have a duty to ensure that operations do not adversely affect the environment.
To this end the growers and suppliers to BerryWorld from around the world are aware of the need to minimise their impact on their local environment and enhance wildlife provision wherever possible.
The growers are all members of certification schemes, eg. 'Nurture' for Tesco and 'LEAF' for Waitrose, that promote an integrated approach to farm management to ensure the environment is not unnecessarily affected by their actions whilst ensuring the farms can work as efficient businesses.
These schemes have the following features:
- Encourage recycling of all waste products from the farms.
- Minimise all pollution of soil, water and air.
- Identify important wildlife habitats and species on farms and ways to conserve them.
- Identify important archaeological features on farms and ways to conserve them.
- Encourage habitat development on farms.
To achieve this, our growers and suppliers employ a number of techniques including the use of independent studies and advisors in order to give them the best platform from which to grow their businesses in an environmentally sustainable way.